Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Redemption

After a disapointing showing at the 2013 marathon, I was more determined to make this my redemption year. See last year I attempted the goofy challenge (half on Saturday, full on Sunday). I did everything wrong and got swept at mile 14 of the full. They gave me a medal but it does not hang with my others, it's sits in a box to remind me not to give up.

So in May my sister and I starting talking about doing the marathon again and I enlisted her to help make me a training plan. 

Training began in September and I tried to keep to it but by November I started slacking. Luckily my running friends rallied behind me and kept me motivated. With training complete I headed to Orlando this past weekend and finished with no pain might I add, almost an hour faster than in 2012.

Ok I lied about the pain, I did get some chaffing from my tank top and skirt but it isn't bad and I was able to do the parks the next day. 

I will be posting a recap in another post because it deserves that. This was the best experience I could have asked for and I will never forget it. I mean I put three hours of work into a playlist I barely listened too and I did math while running to keep on pace! 



No comments:

Post a Comment