Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Dumbo Double Dare Challenge

It is finally official and live... I am running for the first time with a charity team. The Special Olympics SoCal team to be exact.

I ran ten half marathons in 2013 and while that was fun, I wanted to do more. I have been involved with an organization, twelve, for the past few years and since moving out to California, I haven't been able to be as involved. So I decided that 2014 would be my first time doing a charity team and I knew doing a Disney race would be fun. I began researching what charities have participated in the past and asking my running friends about their experiences with various organizations.

I could have registered when the race opened, but I am over the mad rush associated with Disney race registration and just wanted to relax. Instead I contacted the Special Olympics in mid-January asking if they were having a team and how I could join.

General and early registration came and went, and as expected it sold out within a few hours. I was so relieved that I didn't have to deal with that.

Last week we got our emails that accounts were ready to be set up and today my link went live!

We have been asked to raise $800 for the Dumbo Double Dare, so I hope I can do that by the deadline of July 1st.

Wish me Luck!

If you would like to donate, you can so here

*Sidenote, this is the race where I am aiming for a 2 hour half marathon which will be a 40 minute time drop from my fastest half marathon to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment